Snowed in and looking for something fun to do? By yourself, with your kids, with the family and friends?
Looking to make a delicious, failsafe cake for Valentine’s Day or anyday?
This is THE easiest, most delicious gluten-free, peanut-free, allergy-sensitive cake recipe you will find! It’s fun for kids to make because it’s so easy for them to help you. No mixing, no mess, no problems with the cake mix because it’s already mixed for you and ready to go!
Gilbert’s Gourmet Goodies Cookie Dough
- Sensational Sugar Cookie Dough for a vanilla cake or a chocolate cake*
- Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough for a chocolate chip cookie cake
- Brownie Cookie Dough for a chocolate brownie cake
- One 16 ounce tub makes one cake layer. Use two tubs for a double layer cake – you can mix and match cake layers if you’d like by baking one layer vanilla cake, one layer chocolate cake or chocolate chip.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a cake pan with cooking spray to prevent sticking.
- Take the thawed cookie dough out of the tub (thawed in the refrigerator or on the counter) and put it in the cake pan (pictured here is the Sensational Sugar Cookie Dough).
- Roll out and/or press the cookie dough evenly around the pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for approximately 20-25 minutes
- Cool and enjoy as is, or frost with your favorite frosting (see recipe below)
- To make a chocolate cake*, add cocoa, melted chocolate or real chocolate syrup to the sugar cookie dough, or use the brownie cookie dough.
- You can add chocolate, caramel or vanilla chips or candies into the cookie dough to make a fun and different cake.
- Make two cakes for a two-layer cake, or mix and match flavors to make a fun and different double layer cake!
- 1/3 cup butter or margarine
- 1 1/2-3 cups of confectioner’s sugar or superfine sugar (according to your taste and texture). Note: confectioner’s sugar will make a smooth frosting. superfine sugar will make a more granular frosting.
- 1-2 teaspoons of vanilla
- Milk, rice drink or alternative milk drink – 2+ tablespoons (according to your taste and texture)
Blend the butter/margarine and sugar together, add vanilla and mix. Pour in 2 tablespoons of rice drink, milk or alternative milk drink and mix well. Add in 1 additional tablespoon of the rice/milk drink at a time and mix until the frosting is smooth and soft and can be spread. You can add in cocoa for a chocolate frosting (will require more milk drink) or melted chocolate/real chocolate syrup to make a chocolate frosting. If you’d like, you can add in your favorite chocolate or other flavor chips, all natural sprinkles or candies to the frosting.